Moving Day Checklist
Day of the Move
1. Make sure everything is completely packed before your friends or movers show up to help you move.
-One of the hardest things to do is to move while packing.
2. Appoint one person in charge.
-Jobs become complicated when hired to move and more than one person is telling everyone where things go.
3. Draw a Floor Plan.
-To prevent moving things twice and avoiding confusion have an idea in advance of where you want things to go.
4.Remember to defrost your refrigerator and freezer at least a day before moving and wipe up any liquid.
5. Arrange for a charity organization to come pick up the items you don’t want at least a week or two before moving instead of leaving items by the dumpster at your current residence as well as at your new residence.
6. Try to keep children and pets out of the way.
5. Reserve a Parking Space for the Moving Truck.
6. Clear Walkways.
7. Disassemble all furniture.
-Disassemble all furniture - If you are unable to do so, please include this in your moving request so that the moving crew brings all necessary tools to complete the job